Before visiting Flow for the first time please have a read through this page and check out some of our more important pieces of information.
We're a brand new premium climbing centre, privately owned as a family business. We've spared no expense to get the best holds and best wall designs that we could afford and we're so happy to invite everyone on the Sunshine Coast to experience great bouldering and fantastic climbing.
We've put together an FAQ below to help answer as many questions as we can and make sure your visit is as smooth and fun as possible.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
We are designed with Covid-19 in mind. As such we have implemented and frequently update our Covid safe policy to keep you and our staff climbing safely.
We're open every single day.
Monday - Sunday
9:00AM - 10:00PM
Once we're open and established we will look into earlier opening hours to help you get in an early session before work.
Come on in!
We have climbs for all abilities and there's never been a better time to start climbing.
Make sure to fill out your waiver and read through our "Before You Visit" section.
You'll also have to watch a breif safety video on your arrival. Please don't hesitate to call us to find out more about your first time climbing.
Bring comfortable, sporty clothes, no dresses, skirts or kilts.
Climbing shoes are compulsory. If you hire them, please bring socks.
Dress for the weather, we do our best to climate control the gyms but it may be quite cool or warm depending on the conditions that day.
In general there is no need to book, however for current Covid restrictions please check our Covid Safe page.
If you are coming with a group of ten or more climbers then it would be well worth giving us a call to let us know or organising a group booking which has the added benefit of a group discount.
A common misconception is that you need to have huge upper body strength and vice like grip strength to climb.
This just isn't true. While these things will help, pretty much anyone can get into climbing. We have problems of all difficulties, and suited for all abilities.
Bouldering just means "shorter climbs with no ropes". We aim to set for everyone, not just the strongest.
With over 50 boulder problems and problems reset every week, you'll never run out of things to climb regardless of your ability.
If you are bringing anyone under 18 make sure that either you are the legal guardian or that you have had a legal guardian or parent complete our online waiver to avoid disappointment.
We have no minimum age at Flow but children 15 and under must have 1 adult to supervise every 2 children. Check out our "Children" tab in the policies section below.
Bouldering will always involve at least a couple falls so we ask that you self assess that you are ‘fit to fall’ regardless of weight.
Yes, but make sure you check out our "Pets" tab in the policies section below.
Climbing is a great sport, it appeals to both children and adults. Bouldering may look like a play area with it's bright colours and padded floors but it does carry inherent dangers. Children must be supervised at all times. You must take responsibility for your child's safety.
Most of our climbs are set for adults and intended for people over 5ft in height. While they are still achievable for shorter climbers, children will likely struggle.
- All persons under 18 years of age must have their waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to use of the facility.
- Siblings, parents of friends or other non-legal guardians will not be eligible to sign a waiver for a child. Signed notes, emails or verbal permission will not be accepted.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- There are no ropes involved with bouldering, however active supervision is required at all times. Supervisors must not let children run, sit or stand on the mats, climb too close to anyone else, jump down from the top of the wall or otherwise act in an unsafe or disruptive manner.
- Children 8 or under must be within reach of their adult at all times.
- If your child is 8 or under then they will not be allowed to climb past your reach. You must always be able to safely reach and lift your child down from the wall. At younger ages falls from height can have a much higher impact on their bodies so caution and care must be exercised when bringing small children.
- One adult supervisor for every two children climbing.
- This is non negotiable. Supervisors must be with the children at all times. Whenever the child is climbing the adult must be 'spotting' at a safe distance.
Exemptions will only be made on a case by case basis for competent youth competition climbers and members of our youth squad.
Please call or email us if you have any questions regarding our child policy. If you have a large group of children or intend to leave them unattended then you may be better off exploring more suitable options for children.
We ask all of our patrons and customers to carefully read and follow these rules so we can stay dog friendly.
- All dogs must be house trained, and taken outside the building and out of the car park to do their "business". There are grass verges located around the property.
- All "messes" must be cleaned/picked up by the dog owner. This includes picking up after your dog when you take them outside.
- No dogs are allowed on the matting, furniture or below the climbs. Dogs must stay on the concrete areas. You're welcome to bring your own beds/blankets to keep them comfy.
- All dogs MUST be kept on leads at all times. Tie up points are provided or you can use any sturdy tables or chairs.
We also recommend that dog owners carefully consider a few aspects to help keep things smooth and safe.
- Please consider leaving your dog at home if it is easily frightened or nervous around people and other animals.
- Please consider leaving your dog at home if it is likely to growl or bark excessively.
- If your dog may bite or snap at any one, LEAVE IT AT HOME! While you're bouldering it is pretty tricky to keep an eye on animals so please be aware that other patrons and children may try to play with or stroke your pet. If it get's grumpy with strangers, DON'T BRING IT!
- We are not against other pets coming in as long as they're friendly and not going to upset our patrons or other animals. Please check with our staff first before bringing in another type of pet.
If you have any questions regarding pets please chat with our reception staff. It's always a good idea to try to visit without your dog first just so you can get a feel for the facility.
Our staff keep a roll of dog bags behind the counter so you have NO EXCUSE to not pick it up.
Flow staff withhold the right to ask any climber or customer to remove their pet from the building or to disallow a pet entry.
Due to the nature of bouldering it may not be suitable for everyone. It is a strenuous activity with heights of up to 4.5m above the foam matting. Climbs are set and intended for adults over 5ft in height.
Entry price for Flow provides all day access to the gym, but does not guarantee a minimum time frame. We do not provide refunds for anyone unable or unwilling to participate in the activity of bouldering after entry to the facility.
Any class or booking cancellations must be made 24hrs in advance to qualify for a refund.
We will only make exceptions in extenuating circumstances judged on a case by case basis.